- Support annual site marketing plans, in line with Merlin group marketing plans.
- Deliver volume, revenue and yield targets to achieve trade sales performance.
- Manage travel trade and corporate partner programs to drive sales through advance ticket purchases
- Ensure that the administration linked to the following is maintained and updated according to company guidelines and best practice:
o Group and School visits – ensuring that annual visitor budgets are achieved
o Ticket sales through Hotels / Tourist centers etc.
o Development and distribution of trade marketing materials
o Build effective relationships with local, regional and trade press.
- Ensure that all telephone calls and postal enquiries are dealt with promptly and that all potential sales opportunities are followed up
- Additional marketing responsibilities as needed including social media, promotions, advertising, digital, public relations, local marketing, event marketing
- Creative thinking required for developing new concepts and ideas for marketing materials
- Copywriting to describe and position attraction for specific audiences
- Clear understanding of brand guidelines
- Work with Marketing Manager and Marketing Assistant on activities related to annual plan
- Liaise with other departments including operations, food & beverage, retail and finance to ensure successful implementation of group programs
- Act as main point of contact for internal and external trade inquiries
- Responsible for all travel trade, groups and network marketing activity
- Network with local commerce and organizations (e.g. other attractions, schools, local groups, local council etc) to ensure attraction functions effectively within local environment.
- Work with external agencies: e.g. creative design agencies, print houses & data management companies
DECISION MAKING & AUTONOMY
- Determine trade sales outreach an execution plan
- Ensuring all school, group and birthday party visits are coordinated with site operational staff, providing the best possible customer service
- Negotiate costs and agree timelines of delivery campaigns
APPLIED KNOWLEDGE & SPECIALIST SKILLS
- Need the ability to build relationships with local Tourist Information Center, hotels, tour agencies, etc.
- Good understanding of the local tourism market
- Marketing or sales experience
- Creative thinking
- Attention to detail
- Data management with analytical and report writing
- Ability to measure ROI for sales initiatives
- Ability to influence at all levels
COMPLEXITY & PROBLEM SOLVING
- Look for improved, less expensive or more efficient solutions across all aspects of the role
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensure full compliance of policies and procedures set forth within the MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS GROUP Health, Safety & Security POLICY (HS001) AND MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (HS001/A)
- Understand risk assessments within own workplace and ensure reporting of any new risks to appropriate line manager.
- In compliance of safe working procedures in place for work activities within one’s job role.
- In cases of incidents or accidents ensure appropriate reporting is done in a timely manner.
To apply, contact:
Human Resources Coordinator
LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Boston