20 Minority-Owned Restaurants Black Professionals and Millennials Should Experience in Boston
by Farrah Belizaire, Founder and Managing Director of LiteWork Events
Published: March 14, 2018
Although somewhat limited, minority-owned businesses – and more specifically, Black-owned and Latino-owned restaurants – do exist in Boston! Especially true of Boston is the fact that the city’s ethnic minorities represent a variety of cultures from across the Diaspora, and it’s definitely represented in the food! From the Caribbean cuisine to Southern comfort food, get a taste of what Boston has to offer with these 20 Minority-owned restaurants catering to Black professionals and millennials!
Note: the below list is not in any particular order!
We’ve also put together a list comprised of over 70 Black-Owned and Latin-Owned establishments in the Greater Boston area, including restaurants, bakeries and coffee shops in Boston, Cambridge and Somerville!
Provide your information below to download a complete list of Minority-owned restaurants!
1. Darryl’s Corner Bar and Kitchen | 604 Columbus Ave, Boston, Ma
Southern American Cuisine
Read more about Darryl’s owner, Darryl Settles, by clicking here.
2. Teranga Restaurant | 1746 Washington Street, Boston, Ma
African/ Senegalese Cuisine
Read more about Teranga’s owner, Marie-Claude Mendy, by clicking here.
3. LaFabrica Central | 450 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, Ma
Latin Caribbean Cuisine
Read more about LaFabrica’s owners, Hector and Nivia Pina and Dennis Benzan, by clicking here.
4. Savvor Restaurant & Lounge | 180 Lincoln Street
Caribbean/ Haitian Cuisine
Read more about Savvor’s owner, Eddy Firmin, by clicking here.
5. Restaurante Cesaria | 266 Bowdoin Street, Boston, Ma
African/ Cape Verdean Cuisine
Read more about Cesaria’s owner, Tony Barros, by clicking here.
6. Bred Gourmet | 2255 Dorchester Ave, Boston, MA 02124
Burger bar serving gourmet patties & toppings
7. ZAZ Restaurant | 1238 River St, Hyde Park, MA 02136
8. MIDA Restaurant | 782 Tremont St, Boston, MA 02118
9. Fort Hill Bar & Grille | 2805 Washington St, Boston, MA 02119
Dominican and American Cuisine
10. Suya Joint | 185 Dudley St #2, Roxbury, MA 02119
African/ Nigerian Cuisine
11. Dona Habana | 811 Massachusetts Ave, Boston, MA 02118
12. Addis Red Sea | 544 Tremont St, Boston, MA 02116
13. The Coast Cafe | 233 River St, Cambridge, MA 02139
Southern American Cuisine
14. Wally’s Jazz Cafe | 427 Massachusetts Ave, Boston, MA 02118
Historic Jazz Bar
15. Slades Bar and Grille | 958 Tremont St, Boston, MA 02120
Southern American Comfort Food
16. Oasis Vegan Veggie Parlor | 340 Washington St, Boston, MA 02121
17. Rock City Pizza | 568 Cambridge St, Allston, MA 02134
18. Ashur Restaurant | 291 Roxbury St, Roxbury, MA 02119
African/ Somali Cuisine
19. Asmara Restaurant | 739 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139
African/ Ethiopian Restaurant
20. Flames II | 746 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02115
Caribbean/ Jamaican Cuisine
BONUS: While not a restaurant, The Urban Grape in the South End is an award-winning wine, beer, & spirits store in Boston’s South End (303 Columbus Ave).
For more information, or to be added to the list, contact us via email!