Are you new to Boston and looking to connect with urban professionals in your industry? Check out some of the local chapters below!
- National Association of Black Accountants, Boston Metropolitan Chapter: Representing Black professionals in accounting and finance.
- National Black MBA Association, Boston Chapter: Promoting diversity of Black professionals in business, this professional organization is made up of African American graduates with MBAs and advanced degrees.
- Boston Branch NAACP, Young Adult Committee: Ensuring the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and striving to eliminate race-based discrimination.
- National Urban League, Young Professionals Network of the Urban League of Eastern Massachusetts: Dedicated to helping people improve their lives and building stronger communities by providing local residents with education, job training and placement at no cost.
- New England Blacks in Philanthropy: An affinity membership group that unites Black philanthropists, trustees and staff of grant making institutions to enhance philanthropy’s ability to address the needs of Black communities.
EDUCATION AND SOCIAL SERVICES
- Black Educators Alliance of Massachusetts: Providing support to Black educators and improving academic performance of all children, but particularly, students of color.
- National Association of Black Social Workers, Greater Boston Chapter: Advocating for social change, justice and human development of African people here in the United States and throughout the world. Affiliate chapters reflect seasoned practitioners and students of African ancestry who continue the struggle for justice and freedom.
- People of Color in Independent Schools, New England: Providing professional development and social opportunities for employees of color at New England area independent schools.
ENGINEERING AND SCIENCE
- National Society of Black Engineers, Boston Professionals: Representing Black engineers, as well as helping them succeed professionally and providing opportunities for them to give back to their communities.
- Alpha Phi Alpha, Epsilon Gamma Lambda Chapter
- Alpha Kappa Alpha, Psi Omega Chapter
- Alpha Kappa Alpha, Rho Epsilon Omega Chapter (Wellesley)
- Alpha Kappa Alpha, Psi Iota Omega (South Shore)
- Kappa Alpha Psi, Boston Alumni Chapter
- Omega Psi Phi, Eta Phi Chapter
- Omega Psi Phi, Iota Chi Chapter (Cambridge)
- Delta Sigma Theta, Boston Alumnae Chapter
- Delta Sigma Theta, Norfolk-Plymouth County Area Alumnae Chapter (South Shore)
- Delta Sigma Theta, South Middlesex County Area Alumnae Chapter (Metro West)
- Phi Beta Sigma, Omicron Chi Sigma Chapter
- Phi Beta Sigma, Zeta Kappa Sigma Chapter
- Zeta Phi Beta, Delta Omicron Zeta Chapter
- Zeta Phi Beta, Omega Eta Zeta Chapter
- Zeta Phi Beta, Chi Eta Zeta Chapter
- Sigma Gamma Rho, Zeta Nu Sigma Chapter
- Sigma Gamma Rho, Lambda Kappa Sigma Chapter
- Iota Phi Theta, Delta Omega Chapter
- National Black Nurses Association, New England Regional Chapter: Representing Black nurses in the US, Caribbean and Africa.
- Student National Medical Association, New England Region (Various Chapters): The largest organization focused on the needs and concerns of African American medical students and residents.
LAW AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- Massachusetts Black Lawyers Association: Providing a valuable network and visible presence for attorneys of color within the Massachusetts legal community.
- National Black Law Students Association, Northeast Region (Various Chapters): A nationwide organization formed to articulate and promote the needs and goals of Black law students and effect change in the legal community.
- National Forum for Black Public Administrators, Boston Chapter: Committed to strengthening the position of Blacks within the field of public administration by increasing the number of Blacks appointed to executive positions in public service organizations; and to groom and prepare younger aspiring administrators for senior public management posts in the years ahead.
- National Association of Black Journalists, Boston Association: A professional organization for Black professionals working in print, radio, television, new media and related areas.